We had great weather for the photoshoot! Beautiful blue skies, wispy white clouds and cooling breeze.
Would have been better if that bus driver had not been so careless to drive into my dad’s car. 😦 At least no one was hurt.
Anyway back to the my hand bouquets, my photoshoot was on a Monday so I had time to do the buying of flowers and making of the bouquet over the weekend.
I did some research of the various kind of bouquets I wanted and sorted them into different colours and options as I wanted to give myself more choices in the event that the nursery didn’t have in season some colours or flowers. I had initially wanted to buy some huge peonies for the shoot but those available weren’t really big enough and there were only 2 colours.
Also I found it extremely helpful to get some research done before heading to the nursery first as it keeps me from going hysterical over the loads of beatiful fresh flowers in the cold room. ;p
See what I mean… Ain’t these peonies lovely?
I had the intention of buying some red flowers and some light pink or cream coloured flowers.
But I digressed as I couldn’t resist the happy colour of the yellow Ranunculus and I ended up getting them with the red roses and red carnations.
I wanted a red bouquet as a strong contrast against the white gown and for it to match my red heels for the night shot.
As for the yellow bouquet, it was for the shots in the open fields and beach/sea shots.
The red bouquet was to look more formal and proper whereas the yellow one was a more casual & random, fresh from the garden kind of look.
I found the hand shearer extremely important tool to have as there was a lot of stem cutting to do and the regular scissors would not do the job.
The floral tape is also a handy item to have as it holds the flowers together without damaging the soft stems of some flowers. It has just the right amount of tackiness to hold the bouquet together.
The whole bunch of rose I bought has a total of 20 roses, with leaves and thorns all attached so I had to spend some time removing the leaves and thorns.
Placing them in a pail of water while picking up alternate stalks of flowers one by one and placing them in bunch.
Many minutes later and with the ribbons tied, I have the below bouquet.
Some how the ribbon felt a little plain, boring and kinda limp.
And when I showed the picture to CoolJ, she suggested another design of for the bow and below is the final product!
As for the yellow ranunculus bouquet, it was much simpler. I just needed to arrange them in a bunch.
I didn’t buy any additional filler leaves or berries but made use of the buds and leaves that came with the bunch of ranunculus.
After wrapping the stems with the ribbon, secure the ribbon with pearl headed bobby pins to prevent the ribbon from slipping off the bouquet.
I really love these two bouquets and hope it looks good in the photos too!
Thank you for dropping by and I leave you with pictures of one ranunculus bud that broke off from the stem.